What is a Pre-Workout Supplement?
A pre-workout supplement is a blend of performance-boosting ingredients to provide the right amount of fuel to the muscles to amplify energy levels, prevent early fatigue and stay focussed during workouts. Typical constituents of pre-workouts are caffeine, creatine, beta-alanine, amino acids, vitamins and amino acids.
Pre-workouts are perfect for those days when one feels drained, low on energy and doesn’t feel like hitting a gym. Exercising in such a mood not only reduces athletic performance but also increases injury risk.
Pre-workout supplements, as the name says, are taken before the workout. They are a significant part of the supplement stack of various fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders.
Pre-Workouts: Benefits & Uses
Studies have shown that pre-workouts delay the onset of fatigue, improve exercise performance, endurance and reaction time. Adding a pre-workout supplement to one’s fitness program makes remarkable improvements enlisted below:
- Explosive energy: Pre-workouts, when consumed, provide a sudden boost of energy. They offer more strength and power to lift more and provide the ability to train harder.
- Improve performance: Ingredients like amino acids and creatine provide more endurance and stamina that helps boost workout performance. A constant supply of nutrients enables to increase the workout intensity with each session.
- Cognitive alertness: During a workout, it is vital to pay attention and stay mentally focussed. Distraction can lead to injury and hamper overall performance. Pre-workout supplements improve concentration and prevent from becoming mentally strained.
- Prevent muscle cramps: During a workout, one tends to lose a lot of electrolytes through sweat. If not replenished, it can result in imbalanced fluid and electrolyte levels in the body. Pre-workouts keeps us hydrated throughout a workout and prevents muscle cramping.
- Support recovery: A complete recovery is crucial to get ready for the next workout session. Pre-workout sports supplements contain potent ingredients like caffeine, creatine, and leucine that minimise muscle soreness, increase muscle size, regulate insulin levels to restock glycogen, promote muscle growth and faster recovery.
What does a Pre-workout contain?
Let’s have a look at the common ingredients present in pre-workout supplements and their mode of action.
- Amino Acids: One may find amino acids like BCAAs, taurine, glutamine, tyrosine, ornithine in pre-workout supplements. They get rapidly absorbed into the body on consumption, prevent muscles from getting damaged, fight oxidative stress, provide supportive recovery and promote muscle building.
- Caffeine: This stimulant is a popular ingredient in most pre-workout formulations. It induces the secretion of a neurotransmitter – dopamine, that makes us alert, focused and increases concentration. Caffeine also elevates mood, boosts stamina and delays the feeling of exhaustion.
- Creatine: Creatine is the most preferred amino acid by professional athletes and bodybuilders having high-intensity workout schedules. Due to its potential to increase energy levels by elevating the production of ATP, most pre-workout supplements contain creatine.
- Beta-Alanine: This amino acid is known for its potential to improve athletic performance and physical functioning by increasing energy supply and preventing lactic acid accumulation in the body.
- Citrulline Malate and Arginine: These amino acids provide pump and stamina by stimulating nitric oxide production. The increased vascularity results in an enhanced supply of oxygen and other nutrients to the muscles that provide endurance and strength to perform better.
- Electrolytes: Minerals like sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium and chlorine act as electrolytes in the body. It is vital to maintain their balanced ratio to maintain the fluid and electrolyte balance of the body. Pre-workout supplements containing electrolytes support optimal hydration and healthy balance.
How to choose the right Pre-workout for you?
It is advisable to select any Pre-workout based on the workout intensity. A beginner can choose a light pre-workout supplement and eventually switch to a strong one with increased activity intensity. It is essential to study the ingredients carefully. The supplement should not contain any banned substance or dangerous stimulants, for example, Nutrabay Gold Spark Pre-Workout. In case of any confusion, seek advice from a fitness expert. One should not opt for a pre-workout supplement that contains excess carbs or sugars during the cutting phase as it might increase overall carb load. Make sure never to surpass the recommended dosage and opt for a certified supplement. One should buy pre-workout supplements from a trusted seller like Nutrabay.
How to use Pre-Workouts?
Pre-workouts are usually available in the form of powders. They can easily be mixed with water or juice and taken 20-30 minutes before the workout.
Where to buy Pre-workouts?
Nutrabay is India’s most trusted online health supplement store that offers the most affordable pre-workout price. We procure the products directly from brands or official importers. So for a hassle-free buying experience and secure online payment options, visit New life to get the best pre-workout in India regarding quality and price.
Leave a Reply