we are talking about Best whey protein in india 2022, but firstly we have to know what is whey protein?
What is Whey Protein?
Milk consists of approximately 20% whey (liquid part) and 80% casein protein (curdled component). The liquid part obtained undergoes several processes like ultra-microfiltration and spray drying to procure whey protein powder form.
Protein is an essential macronutrient that forms the component of our bones, muscles, brain, blood, enzymes, and hormones. Including whey protein in the diet is an excellent way to deliver a high-quality and nutrient-rich protein source to the body and boost overall well-being.
Whey Protein: Benefits & Uses
Due to its excellent and complete amino acid profile, whey protein is a boon for bodybuilders, gym-goers, endurance athletes like cyclists, runners, and all fitness lovers. It assists in enhancing the protein content furthermore includes a good-quality protein source in their diet.
Whey protein powder is readily available in supplements and can easily be included in the daily diet to reap the following health benefits.
1. Promote muscle building: Whey protein is a complete source of protein as it has all nine essential amino acids. Out of all, Leucine amino acid is present in abundance in whey protein. Leucine, fondly called an anabolic amino acid, significantly promotes muscle growth. Therefore, whey protein is an ideal choice if your fitness goal includes building strong, lean muscles and gaining strength.
2. Support muscle recovery: After an intense workout session, the body urgently needs protein to repair the damaged muscles and recover. A whey protein shake post-workout is convenient and practical to recover muscles due to amino acids like BCAA and glutamine.
3. Easy to Digest: Every protein source has its amino acid-releasing ability. Whey protein is a fast-release protein; it gets rapidly digested, quickly supplies all essential amino acids and other nutrients needed to meet body needs.
4. Promote Weight Loss: People aiming to lose fat and maintain a healthy weight can consume whey protein powder daily. Protein takes a longer time to metabolize as compared to carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, whey protein prevents untimely food cravings, keeps us full for a more extended period, and regulates appetite hormones. When combined with exercise, it also aids in improving overall body composition.
5. Immunity Building: Whey protein contains several components needed to form antibodies in our body. These antibodies fight against diseases, infections and stimulate the growth of immune cells. Also, whey protein increases the production of Glutathione – a powerful antioxidant, in our body. As a result, it helps recover and fight oxidative stress and inflammation after a strenuous workout session.
6. Boost Bone Health: For the workouts and training sessions to be efficient, one must have strong bones. Poor bone health increases the risk of injury and stress fractures. Whey protein supplements may also prove good for bone health as they stimulate the growth of bone cells by activating osteoblasts.
7. Other Health Benefits: Apart from improving overall athletic performance, whey protein helps manage blood cholesterol and sugar levels. Studies also revealed that it has anti-cancer properties and beneficial post surgeries to recover swiftly.
Types of Whey Protein:
1. Whey Protein Concentrate: The protein concentration ranges between 80-85%, along with fats, carbohydrates (in the form of lactose), and minerals.
2. Whey Protein Isolate: Further processing of whey concentrate gives whey isolate with reduced-fat and lactose content. Whey protein isolate has better bioavailability with 90% protein content. Lesser lactose content also makes it easily digestible and a safe option for a mildly-lactose intolerant person.
3. Whey Protein Hydrolyzed: Enzymatic hydrolysis of whey isolate yields hydrolyzed whey protein in which peptide chains get further broken down into individual amino acids, which means the body does not have to work much to digest them. This pre-digested form provides 90% rapidly-digesting pure whey protein.
How to choose the right Whey Protein for you?
It is always better to determine your daily protein requirement and fitness goal before choosing any protein supplement.
During a high-intensity workout for a ripped and shredded physique, isolate and hydrolyzed whey are better options. In addition, people aiming to gain weight can choose whey protein concentrate. Whey protein isolate and hydrolysate are also helpful for lactose-intolerant people due to their lower lactose content.
A person aiming to consume protein for general well-being can opt for whey protein supplements formulated explicitly to promote overall wellness and prevent nutritional deficiency.
Make sure to check the composition, nutritional facts, allergen info, and lab reports. Always buy from an authorized seller for an assured authentic protein supplement. The product should be certified and free from steroids, banned, or prohibited substances.
How to use Whey Protein?
A person can take Whey protein with water or milk. When consumed with milk, the digestion time gets extended as milk also contains whey, casein, and other nutrients. Post an intense workout session; whey protein is recommended with water to reduce digestion time and increase absorption.
If consumed as a healthy mid-day meal or during breakfast, you can enjoy whey protein powder with skimmed milk. Whey protein can also fit as a bedtime beverage if anyone aims to accelerate recovery.
Where to buy Whey Protein?
New life is India’s leading online website to buy certified and authentic protein supplements. You can choose from the New life supplement that is most popular among athletes and professional bodybuilders. New life supplement offers an ample variety of whey protein powders. New life supplement Pure Series is ideal for fitness lovers who prefer their proteins without any flavours or additives and comes with the flexibility to add in foods or beverages of their choice. New life supplement Mx Series is primarily for athletes looking for result-driven, high-quality proteins in tempting flavours. Do not worry about the prices, as one can avail of whey proteins with great discounts and offers at MusclexNutrition.com
Which is the Best Whey Protein supplement?
Here are some of the best whey protein supplements recommended by professional athletes and bodybuilders because of the quality, manufacturing standards and results.
Is Whey Protein safe to use?
It is advisable not to consume whey protein in excess and must take the dosage as per requirement. It may cause indigestion issues among people with poor gut health, for whom protein powders with digestive enzymes are a better option. Lactose intolerants can opt for whey isolate or hydrolyze.
Always purchase Whey protein supplements from a reliable, trusted source like New life because an authentic whey protein supplement does not cause any side effects and is entirely safe to consume.
Pregnant and lactating women should consult their gynaecologist before choosing any protein supplement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it necessary to consume whey protein supplements?
Protein is essentially required by all of us, though requirement varies depending upon age, height, weight, gender, physical activity level, and many other factors. Athletes like bodybuilders, gym-goers, powerlifters, etc., have high protein requirements,
which often becomes challenging to meet only through natural sources. Whey protein supplement is a quick, convenient and fruitful way to provide a high-quality protein source to the body. It acts as a plug-in filling the gap between dietary intake and daily needs.
2. Does whey protein supplement contain steroids?
Whey protein powder is naturally free from steroids or banned substances. However, it is advisable to buy certified protein supplements from authorized sellers to ensure the product is adulterant-free and does not contain any prohibited ingredients.
3. Can diabetic people consume whey protein?
Whey protein is entirely safe to consume by people with diabetes. Several studies support the claim of whey protein’s role to help stabilize blood glucose levels and prevent fluctuations. However, if there are any secondary medical conditions like kidney disorders, gout, or high uric acid levels, it is wise to consult your doctor before opting for a protein supplement.
4. What is the best time to consume whey protein?
One can use whey protein at any time during the day. However, people involved in exercise and sports should prefer consuming whey protein shakes post their workout or training session.
5. Can people on ketogenic diets consume whey protein?
Ketogenic diets are high protein, high-fat diets with low carbs. Whey protein perfectly fits in keto meal patterns as it is high in protein and low in carbohydrate content.
6. What is the PDCAAS value of whey protein?
PDCAAS refers to Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score, and the value of whey protein is 1. FAO and WHO declared a method in 1989 to measure the protein value in human nutrition that gave a score to all protein sources after determining their protein quality. Scores given were 1, as the highest, and 0 as the lowest.
7. Is whey protein safe for lactose intolerants?
Mildly-lactose intolerant people can consume whey protein isolate or hydrolyze as they have less carbohydrate (lactose) content. However, people severely allergic to lactose can opt for other protein alternatives like soy and plant protein instead of whey protein.